By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the role of the office manager / administrator.
- Acquire time management skills required for better office productivity.
- Handle telephone calls properly and professionally.
- List the main causes of stress and the techniques needed to control them.
- Learn communication strategies needed for carrying out responsibilities in an effective manner.
- Develop a service attitude and mindset aimed at the internal and external customer.
The Course Outlines
The Role of the Office Manager/Senior Administrator
- Perception Versus Reality
- Competencies Required for Success
Effective Communication Skills
- Improving Credibility and Gaining Recognition
- Speaking and Listening
- Being Assertive
- Selling Your Ideas to the Boss, Colleagues, Subordinates and Clients
- Clear Writing
- Proof Reading
Serving the Internal and External Customer
- Understanding the Needs of Internal and External Customers
- Having the Right Attitude
- Providing Excellent Service
- Handling Complaints
- Preparing the Agenda
- Taking Minutes
- Identifying and Eliminating Time Wasters
- Setting Goals and Priorities
- Planning and Managing Time for Self and Others
Using the Telephone Properly
- Professional Telephone Behavior
- Rules for Good Listening
- Making Appointments